Individual or group counselling for women aged 19 or older. If you are under the age of 19 and are living an adult lifestyle you are considered eligible for this service. The program:
- specializes in support for women who are experiencing a power imbalance in intimate relationships, or have experienced historical abuse
- promotes safety, voice, and choice
- knows that women are the experts of their lives and works with you to build on your strengths
- has a foundation of respect, connection, hope, and healing.
The length of service is based on the specific needs and issues presented. There is no cost to access this program, and all TSW employees observe strict confidentiality guidelines. Transportation and childcare subsidies are available.
- Relationship abuse, past or current
- Childhood abuse or neglect
- Sexual assault
- Physical abuse
- Emotional or psychological abuse
Support for women who have or are experiencing abuse or violence in their lives.
What you can expect
- Naming types of abuse
- Identifying coping strategies
- Honouring strengths
- Safety planning
- Reducing self-blame
- Improving self-care
- Building positive ways to live and love
Appointment times can be flexible to accommodate school or work schedules, and are typically available Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9am – 4:30pm.
We look forward to working with you.